Congratulations on your engagement! This is going to be one of the most memorable and exciting events of your life! Choosing to hire a wedding planner from the start can help you breathe a lot easier. After all, you don’t want to turn into Bridezilla or break the bank in the process.
Why Hire a Wedding Planner?
Many couples view hiring a wedding planner as an unnecessary extra cost. It is great to pride yourself of being DIY with all things crafty and creative; however, these things cost time, energy and money to complete.
It is easy to think that doing center pieces for the table, homemade invitations and little gifts for the guests can be easily squeezed in after work and before bed every night for the next 6 weeks; however, life often gets in the way. Things an experienced wedding planner can help you with include:
- Sticking To Your Budget: You can discuss your budget concerns and set an amount to follow at your first meeting.
- Booking Your Venue: Discussing whether you wish for a traditional church setting or an outdoor beach style wedding will determine where to hold your event. The wedding planner knows how long set up will be and what kinds of décor options you may want to consider within a particular venue. Your planner will determine whether there needs to be extra chairs, tents and plate rentals and all those little details right down to whether table cloths are provided or not.
- Chair Slipcovers and Equipment Rentals: Depending on your venue, you may have to provide certain things including: glassware, silverware, buffet trays, arches, pillars, carpet for the aisle etc. Your wedding planner can find out exactly what is included in the cost of the rental and recommend where to rent or purchase the rest.
- Catering and Cake Options: An experienced wedding planner has many connections that will correspond with your cuisine choices and can facilitate tastings prior to committing to someone.
- Booking Your Photographer: After working with numerous photographers for various weddings, your planner will be able to give you a variety of price points and package ideas to choose from and recommend the right person for your special day.
- Best Invitation Options: If traditional print style reply cards are in the budget, your planner will have specific stationary suppliers to check out. If a DIY wedding website and online info is more your thing, they can help you find appropriate templates to download and utilize.
- Flowers: Whether you desire fresh cut in season flowers or wish to craft some artificial magic ahead of time, your choices are practically endless when it comes to flowers. Many couples choose to have greenery, herbs and seedlings on hand as environmentally friendly options. Either way, your wedding planner may have a floral connection where you can receive a bulk discount thanks to them!
Essentially, you want to be able to enjoy the entire wedding planning process. The wedding planner is available to coordinate, plan and execute your wishes so that you can plan stress free. It is nice to be able to enjoy family and friends and not have to be the one following up on every last detail. The majority of couples who hire wedding planners feel that it is well worth the money spent.